|Beryl||Cast and Characters|
When Elizabeth and Philip throw a grand party for their 10th anniversary, both Margaret and the new Prime Minister experience romantic tribulations.
- Lady Elizabeth Cavendish was Princess Margaret's lady in waiting from the late 1940s until the princess's death in 2002, and is the godmother of Margaret's son David, the 2nd Earl Snowdon. Elizabeth was born in 1926, the daughter of Edward, Marquess of Hartington (later the 10th Duke of Devonshire) and his wife Mary. She never married, but had a long, loving relationship with John Betjeman; Betjeman's daughter described her as her father's "beloved other wife".
The attendees at Lady Elizabeth Cavendish's party which Princess Margaret attends, included a number of luminaries who became part of her social circle.
- Colin Tennant, a rumored former suitor of Margaret's
- Billy Wallace, who may have briefly been her fiancé
- Dudley Moore, a comedian along with partner Peter Cook, actor and accomplished pianist
- John Betjeman, the British poet laureate, who was Lady Cavendish's lover
The music in the episode is contemporary to the period, and includes some of Princess Margaret's favorite songs.
- "Angel Eyes", performed by Ella Fitzgerald (1957, Verve Records)
- "I Only Have Eyes for You", performed by The Flamingos (1959, End Records)
|Misadventure • A Company of Men • Lisbon • Beryl • Marionettes • Vergangenheit • Matrimonium • Dear Mrs. Kennedy • Paterfamilias • Mystery Man|